The Pillars for Success in Recruitment – Newsletter 3
Recruiter! Are you making your target every month? Here’s a tip to get there!
#The Pillars for Success in Recruitment
The importance of creating urgency to ensure success in achieving your target cannot be over emphasized.
It is a fact Time Kills Deals!
There is nothing as devastating as extending an offer only to hear the candidate say’ I need to think about it’. If this is an answer you are getting, you are taking shortcuts and not creating urgency in the placement process.
To have a handle on this it is necessary that you manage expectations with both the client and the candidate, set timelines be clear on what you require from the candidate / client upfront and be clear about the realities in your area of specialization. Ensure that your customer has clarity about the timelines: What will happen by When and what is required from them.
When qualifying your job specs start with the end in mind. We source candidates for our clients to place them. Talk the client through the process, walk them through their diary by illustrating why it is important to set dates for 1st interviews, 2nd interviews and assessments at the start of the recruitment process.
Here are some tips to help you along the way:
- Have a project time-line agreed to with the client upfront
- Gain commitment from all parties on the dates and process agreed to
- Mail the project timeline to all involved
- Manage expectations
- TEST CLOSE
- Ask what you can expect by when in every conversation
- Remember to ask yourself What can go wrong along the entire process.
- Do it now….later is too late
- Remember Time Kills Deals!
Next newsletter on The Pillars for Success in Recruitment coming soon.